From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Regarding `_bulk_docs` atomicity [Was: Re: How to find the change sequence of a document's revision]
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 02:02:41 GMT

> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Robert Newson <robert.newson@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'll also note that there's no atomicity to a _bulk_docs request (even
>> with all_or_nothing:true) except at the individual document level (as
>> usual).

Really? The wiki documentation implies atomic behavior — either all the docs are written
or none are. And I assume they’re written in one update of the database file (it would be
really inefficient otherwise) so any reader will either see the state before the docs were
written, or the one afterwards.

—Jens