From "Alex G" <al...@solarapex.com>
Subject Re: Exist test?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 02:48:20 GMT
On Mon, November 5, 2012 14:40, Kevin Burton wrote:
> I am mainly using it the context of initially populating a database. So
> there isn't any danger of a race because there is only one user.

I understand this does not answer your question directly. I guess, it
depends on your particular use case, but I thought I'd mention this.
Assuming you construct your key based on your unique attribute(s) I'm
wondering whether it makes sense instead of preventing a new document from
being created to go ahead and update the existing record. Then you could
reconcile data discrepancies based on revisions.

I assume it depends on how those duplicates got in your data in the first
place. If those duplicates meant to be updates (or upserts rather), then
revisions seem to me a better approach.

Alex