From "Holder, Shane" <Shane.Hol...@absg.com>
Subject Copying of database fails with bad_otp_release
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 18:40:05 GMT
Hello,

I am working on setting up a Node Package Manager repository which uses CouchDB.  I am having
issues using replication to copy a CouchDB I have configured to a new server.  I believe the
issues are due to filtering rules which are in place that do not allow HTTP PUT operations
over our network so I am trying to just copy the database from one system to another.

I am on Windows systems,  using CouchDB 1.2 R15 the source database exists on a Windows 7
64 system and the destination is a Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit system.  I am using the copy
and paste facility of Remote Desktop to copy the file to the destination system, the file
is small at 200M.  The file I am copying is the <databaseName>.couch file in the CouchDB\var\lib\couchdb
directory.  (Not sure if this matters but I also have RabbitMQ installed on the same server
with the Erlang OTP R15B012 package.)

Once the file has been copied over I see it in the Futon UI but the size, Number of Documents
and Update Seq fields are blank and when I click on the link for the database I receive an
error message as follows:

Error: bad_otp_release

To open the database `npm`, Apache CouchDB must be built with Erlang OTP R13B04 or higher.

If I copy the file to a new file on the source system I see the new database and can access
it as I would expect, any ideas as to why I would be receiving this error and how I can copy
the database to another system?

Thanks,

Shane Holder  |  shane.holder@absg.com<mailto:shane.holder@absg.com>
Solutions Architect |  AmerisourceBergen Specialty Group
3101 Gaylord Parkway, 2W-E131  |  Frisco, TX 75034
(469)365-7727

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE. This electronic mail transmission may contain privileged, confidential
and/or protected health information and is intended only for the review of the party to whom
it is addressed.  Any unauthorized use or disclosure of the information contained herein may
be a violation of federal law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability
Act (HIPAA). If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately return it
to the sender, delete it  and destroy it without reading it. Unintended transmission shall
not constitute the waiver of the attorney-client or any other privilege.