From Gregor Martynus <gre...@martynus.net>
Subject Re: confused about database/_security groups
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:13:02 GMT
I cannot verify that it's a breaking change, from my tests both has the same effect: "members"
and "readers" in _security. So my guess is that "readers" is deprecated, but still working?

--
Gregor Martynus

On Monday, 12. November 2012 at 13:09, Jan Lehnardt wrote:

> On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:45 , Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net (mailto:gregor@martynus.net)>
wrote:

> > In the docs, two groups are mentioned that have a meaning in the _security object,
"admins" and "readers":
> > http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview#Authorization
> >
> > But when I update the _security object using futon in CouchDB 1.2, a "members" group
gets created, instead of "readers".

> > Is one of these deprecated? Are they interchangeable? Is there a reference of all
possible settings for the _security object?

> The change was made here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1039619
>
> I believe this is in 1.2.0 only, and not mentioned in http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes#Changes_Between_1.1.0_and_1.2.0
or the wiki, which we should totally fix.