From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Binding to multiple addresses
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 11:27:47 GMT
On 28 November 2012 12:06, Lucas Toulouse <lucas.toulouse@cozycloud.cc> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> It's working for me, Gianfranco.
> I set 0.0.0.0 in my local.ini conf couchdb file. and restart it.

Hi Lucas,

Yes this is an important point. If you edit the ini file, you will
need to restart couchb daemon/service. If you use the HTTP API,
CouchDB will Do The Right Thing for you.

> Couch answer on 127.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.X .
>
> But the *.*.*.* do not working. (not a matter)

http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/inet.html covers the spec for IPv4 and
v6 addresses in Erlang. For IPv4 dotted quad is the requirement.

> So, I follow Gianfranco, any doc improvement could be nice. I'm a new and I
> ask me the question during discover Couchdb.

We'd welcome an update if you'd like. The docs live here:

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/tree/docs/share/doc/src

and there's some notes on doing updates here via github:
http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Documentation

> Moreover,
> Dave , in the Curl -XPUT , you put '" and " around the 0.0.0.0.
> What is the correct way ?  I use simplequote double quote  IP double
> simple. But with some character escape problems, I now use juste
> doublequote IP double quote.

Assuming you are doing this from a shell, yes you do need them - the
shell strips off the outer set.

e.g. '  "123.45.67.89"  ' is correct.

If you test with curl -v you'll see that the shell removes the ' '
single quotes, and what we are sending through to CouchDB is actually
a JSON string snippet, hence the "" double quotes are required.

The validation of these is tightened up in 1.3.x, so it may be you can
get away without the quotes on earlier versions.

A+
Dave