From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Copying of database fails with bad_otp_release
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 20:35:28 GMT
On 28 November 2012 20:44, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> That error, slightly obscurely, means the server failed to load the snappy
> compression library, which I believe is missing from Windows binary builds.
> Dave uploaded a new one recently, iirc.
>

> On 28 November 2012 18:40, Holder, Shane <Shane.Holder@absg.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am working on setting up a Node Package Manager repository which uses
>> CouchDB.  I am having issues using replication to copy a CouchDB I have
>> configured to a new server.  I believe the issues are due to filtering
>> rules which are in place that do not allow HTTP PUT operations over our
>> network so I am trying to just copy the database from one system to another.
>>
>> I am on Windows systems,  using CouchDB 1.2 R15 the source database exists
>> on a Windows 7 64 system and the destination is a Windows Server 2008 R2 64
>> bit system.  I am using the copy and paste facility of Remote Desktop to
>> copy the file to the destination system, the file is small at 200M.  The
>> file I am copying is the <databaseName>.couch file in the
>> CouchDB\var\lib\couchdb directory.  (Not sure if this matters but I also
>> have RabbitMQ installed on the same server with the Erlang OTP R15B012
>> package.)
>>
>> Once the file has been copied over I see it in the Futon UI but the size,
>> Number of Documents and Update Seq fields are blank and when I click on the
>> link for the database I receive an error message as follows:
>>
>> Error: bad_otp_release
>>
>> To open the database `npm`, Apache CouchDB must be built with Erlang OTP
>> R13B04 or higher.
>>
>> If I copy the file to a new file on the source system I see the new
>> database and can access it as I would expect, any ideas as to why I would
>> be receiving this error and how I can copy the database to another system?

The newer binary is here
http://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/snapshots/20120524/ and contains
the fix referred to in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1482 as well as
requiring / using R15B01.

I'd also be careful that the PATH for couchdb doesn't have erlang
mixups, in particular if erlang is in the system path at all.

You can hack this temporarily by putting something like this in couchdb.bat:

cd %~dp0
PATH=%~dp0;%~dp0/../erts-5.9.1/bin;%PATH%

ie prepending the specific erlang release provided with CouchDB binary.

I've not got the release handy but the erts-*.*.* version might be different.

A+
Dave