From Vladislav Ponomarev <ponomarevv...@gmail.com>
Subject Any sort order guarantee for key (value) argument of CouchDB reduce function?
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 12:55:57 GMT
Hello,

Per CouchDB guide, the reduce function signature looks like this:

function (key, values, rereduce) {
    return ...; // some calculations happen here
}

where the definition of first arguments is as follows:

> when rereduce is false, then:
>
>    - key will be an array whose elements are arrays of the form [key,id],
>    where key is a key emitted by the map function and id is that of the
>    document from which the key was generated.
>    - values will be an array of the values emitted for the respective
>    elements in keys.

My question is: when rereduce is false, are there any guarantees regarding
the order of key (or values) array elements? My gut feel (based on Reduce
vs Rereduce chapter) is that keys, and respectively values, should be
ordered, but I do not see any direct confirmation.

Any ideas? Thank you!