From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: confused about database/_security groups
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 12:17:19 GMT
Ah yes, the code suggests that readers is kept around for backwards compatibility.

Cheers
Jan
--

On Nov 12, 2012, at 13:13 , Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net> wrote:

> I cannot verify that it's a breaking change, from my tests both has the same effect:
"members" and "readers" in _security. So my guess is that "readers" is deprecated, but still
working?

> --
> Gregor Martynus
>

> On Monday, 12. November 2012 at 13:09, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>

>> On Nov 12, 2012, at 12:45 , Gregor Martynus <gregor@martynus.net (mailto:gregor@martynus.net)>
wrote:

>>> In the docs, two groups are mentioned that have a meaning in the _security object,
"admins" and "readers":
>>> http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Security_Features_Overview#Authorization
>>>
>>> But when I update the _security object using futon in CouchDB 1.2, a "members"
group gets created, instead of "readers".

>>> Is one of these deprecated? Are they interchangeable? Is there a reference of
all possible settings for the _security object?

>> The change was made here: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1039619
>>
>> I believe this is in 1.2.0 only, and not mentioned in http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes#Changes_Between_1.1.0_and_1.2.0
or the wiki, which we should totally fix.