From Tim Black <...@alwaysreformed.com>
Subject Re: decentralized chat
Date Sat, 24 Nov 2012 19:46:29 GMT
On 11/24/2012 11:52 AM, Jens Alfke wrote:
> On Nov 23, 2012, at 7:14 PM, Kragen Javier Sitaker <kragen@canonical.org> wrote:
>

> * How about if I want to have a single Comet connection from my browser
>  to all of them at once?  (Browsers won't let you have 30 Comet
>  connections to localhost.)
>
> That isn’t going to scale for a browser-based app since you’ll have to open a _changes
feed per database. Unless you do something special on the server side like multiplexing all
the feeds.
I don't know if this will help you, but backbone-couchdb.js has support
for a single, global changes feed that multiplexes change notifications
for multiple Backbone collections.  This might help solve your problem
if you were to put all the chat rooms into one database, one chat room's
messages per collection.

https://github.com/janmonschke/backbone-couchdb/pull/25

Tim