From "Kevin Burton" <rkevinbur...@charter.net>
Subject RE: Get all documents of a certain type.
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 02:16:50 GMT
I am getting there. My mapper looks like:

function(doc) {

    if(doc._id.indexOf('product-') == 0 {

        emit([doc.SKU], null);

    }

With a key of 'by-sku'. How do I run this in Futon? In his case does
doc.type do the same thing as indexOf?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dustin Sallings [mailto:dustin@spy.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 7:03 PM
To: user@couchdb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get all documents of a certain type.

"Kevin Burton" < <mailto:rkevinburton@charter.net> rkevinburton@charter.net>

writes:

> I thought the "or" you were referring to was the "or" that I said were

> the types of documents "product-xxx" or "order-xxx".

> If I have a view what would be the request and what would the view

> look like? If I didn't have a view what would the query look like? So

> two questions.

  The second was answered earlier.  It's the _all_docs query.

  The first would be a little be easier to answer if you could provide an
example document, but you'll have a mapper that looked something like

this:

      function(doc) {

        if (doc.type === 'product') {

            emit(doc.sku, null);

        }

      }

  You would then save that as a design document and query query it.  If you
do this from futon, you can experiment interactively, and the click on the
little raw result tab thing in the top to get the URL you'd use from your
application.

--

dustin