From JC de Villa <jc.devi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 19:08:09 GMT
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 2:53 AM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:

> I have a number of servers on AWS for my day job.  For my weekend projects
> I need a free dev environment.  My wife doesn't like spending money.
>
> I'm sure I can find a solution.  I'm working with webfaction now to see if
> they can donate the hosting.
>
> I spent a half-day trying to set up my dev environment in virtualbox on my
> local PC.  But all I could find were ubuntu desktops and I just want a
> headless server with SSH.  That is all I'm familiar with.  I tried to set
> one up myself but it was a disaster.

 Here's the page for the server download:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/server

Although I'd suggest compiling your own couchdb, since the only one
available from the repo is version 1.0.1. I'm sure there's a ppa somewhere
for a more up-to-date version, but compiling on ubuntu it is fairly trivial.

--
JC de Villa