From A wigen <ambuj.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Saving multiple versions of the same doc on couchDB
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2012 17:20:54 GMT
Hi,

I have a scenario in which I am not sure how to implement:
(1) User1 updates the document and pushes to couchDB from his personal iPAD
(2) User2 updates the same document and pushes to couchDB from his personal
iPAD
(3) There is another user - - admin. He pulls both the versions, merge and
then create the final version. He then notifies users about the updated doc.
Assumption: Once Users have "submitted" their version, they can not edit it
until they hear back form administrator. I am assuming this for now to
simplify my

Can I have multiple versions of the same document on couchDB with more than
one HTTP request (users have their own devices)? I know how to do it with
one HTTP req. [1].

[1]  <http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Replication_and_conflicts>"The
_bulk_docs API lets you submit multiple updates (and/or deletes) in a single
HTTP POST."

Thank you.
--AAT