From "matt j. sorenson" <m...@sorensonbros.net>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:01:43 GMT
On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:47 PM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:

> > have you considered just setting up a virtual machine
>
> I didn't think of that but that is the only solution I've found so far.  It
> sure is a PITA, but oh well.

I think it's pretty easy these days to get going with virtualization, and
you could also snapshot a dev environment if your objective is to share it
with other collaborators...

I know users will only have to run couchdb but if they'd like to jump
> in and contribute
> to my github project they are going to have to run kanso on their own dev
> environment.  I was hoping whatever kanso hosting I found could be shared
> with them.  I'm not sure I'd like to share my personal server.
>
> I guess most people using couchdb would have their own dev environment.  My
> project is a couchdb tool so they will definitely have couchdb already.

exactly, I wouldn't concern myself too much prematurely about the
capability of collaborators - unless you already have people in mind who
use windows and are concerned about them being able to run kanso.
Incidentially, there is a kanso list, and 1 or 2 threads in regards to
windows support, you might check in there.

(here: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/kanso)

cheers
--
matt j. sorenson