From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 22:06:30 GMT
On 18 October 2012 23:26, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
> I want to develop a couchdb app in kanso.  Kanso requires nodejs to run.
>  This is an open-source project and I'd like to host the app as a demo site
> with free hosting.  I'll provide the source on github.
>
> I have a couchdb running in iris but it doesn't host node.   I tried
> running kanso on windows but it isn't supported and didn't work for me.
>  Node and couchdb both worked fine on windows but kanso modules didn't.

Slightly germane but I have a current version of erica working on
Windows I think. If a couple of folk can report back that I've not
broken anything that would be *great*.

erica is an erlang-based version of couchapp (python version) and
pretty much follows the same syntax and uses the same files.

# Pre-requisites

- Erlang R15B01 or newer in path for escript fixes
  e.g. install suitable CouchDB[1] and add %COUCHDIR%/bin to your path
- put erica.cmd in your path as well

erica.cmd: http://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/tools/erica.cmd
CouchDB with R15B01 bundled:
http://people.apache.org/~dch/dist/snapshots/20120524/

# Usage

erica readme: https://github.com/benoitc/erica/blob/master/README.md

Many many thanks again to Benoit who's written both couchapp (py) and erica.

A+
Dave