From Steve Koppelman <steve.koppel...@gmail.com>
Subject Can I trust _replicator state in 1.2.0
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:39:38 GMT
Running couchdb 0.10, 1.0.1 and 1.1.1 over the last couple of years, I
got very familiar with the shortcomings of continuous replication.
Replication would simply stop without warning at some point, but the
replication document's status would remain "triggered". Eventually, I
just set up a cron job that periodically wiped out the entire
_replicator database and repopulated a new one. It was horrible, but
was less of a hassle than writing code to iterate through all the
replication relationships and compare the nodes' last-updated-document
timestamps for applications that could deal with a few minutes'
replication lag.

As I build out a new cluster, I'm curious to know whether it's safe to
trust a replication job's reported state under 1.2.0, or if there's
another recommended way to go. This isn't a banking or airline booking
system, so some replication lag is fine as long as there's eventual
consistency.

Rgds., etc.

-sk