From Mark Hahn <m...@hahnca.com>
Subject Re: kanso hosting?
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 18:44:59 GMT
>  Try password-based authentication first.

Can SSH use passwords?  I googled until my head fell off and I couldn't
find out how to do that.  There were 10,000 articles about setting up key
pairs which I already knew.  Oh well, I guess I am doomed to use AWS and
vagrant for servers.  I can live without knowing how to set up a ubuntu
server from scratch.  I'll lie on my resume.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:28 AM, Keith Gable <ziggy@ignition-project.com>wrote:

> Try password-based authentication first. Once that's working, then work on
> key-based authentication. If you're using PuTTY, you have to run Pageant
> and also convert the key to PuTTY format.
>

> ---
> Keith Gable
> A+ Certified Professional
> Network+ Certified Professional
> Storage+ Certified Professional
> Mobile Application Developer / Web Developer
>

> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
>
> > FWIW, I ended up using vantage and it worked great.  When i didn't make
> > stupid mistakes, it only took a few minutes to get a good headless dev
> > environment going in virtualbox on windows 7.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 1:43 PM, Mark Hahn <mark@hahnca.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah, I'm used to just running ssh.  I'll have to get the key files
> over
> > > using ftp or dropbox.

> several

> > in