From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: Simple load-balancing replication best practices
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:26:58 GMT
We arrange our replication with all servers replicating to all others, which is higher in network
terms, but more reliable in terms of sudden failure.

In my experience, if you try and create a replication to itself, it won't cause any problems,
it'll simply move to "completed", but I haven't tried that recently.

I do know that replication jobs are idempotent - i.e. if you have a replication job running
and try and create another that's to/from the same database, it won't create another job,
and it'll return the _id of the existing job.

Martin