From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Inspiring comment about CouchDB on Hacker News
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 14:03:40 GMT
I'll be in Boston next week and plan to spend a good chunk of time
with davisp on the merge. If not actually doing it, since we'd have to
do over, but a trial run through.

For 1.3, I think it's just CORS patch waiting now? No movement in a
while so I wonder if we can agree that if we don't make progress by
the end of this month, we bump it to 1.4. As for couchdb-1175, the
conneg thing, I suggest we bump that to Future or close it. Since we
plan regular time-based releases, bumping should be a normal operation
anyway.

There must be some more minor and not so minor bugs we could fix in
1.3 that are not marked for the release and possibly not even filed. I
encourage everyone to look for those things and tag them for 1.3. A
flurry of small fixes would be great, giving us the foundation for the
merge. I will separately look for any fixes that cloudant have made to
our couchdb code with a view to back porting. I know we have some
important fixes and enhancements to the new 1.2 replicator. Anyone,
dev or user, that spends time finding and filing replicator related
tickets for 1.3 is making a meaningful contribution.

Sent from the ocean floor