From Bruce Atherton <>
Subject Yet Another couchdb-lucene question
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2012 01:07:35 GMT
I've almost got couchdb-lucene to work, but I must be missing something
because I'm not getting indexes to build. Here is the behaviour I am seeing:

Hitting the URL
sends back:

The view does in fact exist. The couchdb-lucene server then prints out:

     INFO [testdb] Indexing from update_seq start

Despite the message, though, nothing shows up in the indexes directory.
Nor does the couchdb-lucene log say anything interesting. It just gives
the same INFO message. The only other log message I get is when I change
the design document in CouchDB.

_design/lucene contains:

        "_id": "_design/lucene",
        "_rev": "6-9b3a6fb41e455dfe88393ba9c5104a25",
        "fulltext": "{'by_type': {'index': 'function(doc) { var ret =
new Document(); ret.add(doc.type); return ret; }' } }"

http://localhost:5984/ returns:

Apache Software Foundation"}}

and http://localhost:5985/ (and http://localhost:5984/_fti/local) returns:

I googled for a while but didn't see anything that helped. Am I missing
something obvious or just too much on the bleeding edge? Any help
appreciated. Thanks.

View raw message