From Robin Berjon <ro...@berjon.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite inside of a path segment
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 19:21:32 GMT
On 25/10/2012 19:50 , Benoit Chesneau wrote:
> Well first version of the rewriter was based on a function [1]. After
> long discussions it wasn't accepted for performances reasons. I'm not
> sure we should accept it for now until we change the js evaluation.

Performance reasons would be problematic if it were the only option. But
since this is just one option, I reckon it should be okay. Also note
that I'd be happy to add caching at some point; I've been wondering if
it should vary with userCtx or not (I'm leaning towards not but unsure).

> My other experiments for the rewriter are on the couchapp-ng repo [2].
> I have another try coming but it is using my new elixir [3] app
> engine.

These look very interesting, but since I bumped into needing this for a
project I have, I wouldn't be averse to its inclusion (but then again
you might have guessed that ;-).