From Mark Hingston <mark.hings...@vardr.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb problem near period of low disk space
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 02:27:01 GMT
On 19/10/12 10:41 PM, Dave Cottlehuber wrote:
> On 19 October 2012 06:48, Mark Hingston <mark.hingston@vardr.com> wrote:
> Hard to say from here what happened. Compaction and view creation are
> 2 activities that can use a fair bit of disk space, but the excerpt
> from the logs has nothing. Any other info on what was going on at the
> time?
Thanks Dave,

Sorry - I wasn't clear before. It's very possible that if the disk
filled then it might have been because of logs, etc from other running
processes. What I'm really curious about is more:

- whether couch will degrade gracefully (warn / terminate / etc) in a
low disk situation rather than why couch might be taking up disk space
- whether the error logs I saw are consistent with the low disk space theory

RE: What was going on at the time, local processes on the same box were
sending approx 60 - 100 requests / second in to couch, a mixture of
mostly document retrievals, but maybe 1 in every 6 requests was a PUT to
create a document. I'm pretty confident that view creation was not
happening at the time, I also don't think that compaction would have
been running either (logs have no mention of compacting, and we are
logging at info level).

Thanks,
Mark