From Peter W <li...@pw.de>
Subject Re: Storing and Grouping IP Addresses in Couch
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 13:49:34 GMT
Hi,

Am 19.10.2012 15:27, schrieb Carl Bourne:
> Hi,
>
> I have a Couch Database that contains a stack of IP address documents like this:
>
> {
>    "_id": "09eea172ea6537ad0bf58c92e5002199",
>    "_rev": "1-67ad27f5ab008ad9644ce8ae003b1ec5",
>    "1stOctet": "10",
>    "2ndOctet": "60",
>    "3rdOctet": "129",
>    "4thOctet": "161"
> }
>
> The documents consist of multiple IP that are part of different subnet ranges.
>
> I need a way to reduce/group these documents based on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Octets
in order to produce a reduced list of subnets.

> Has anybody done anything like this before.

some time ago, I played with a proof of conecpt for an IP
presentation/management tool based on couchdb. My first steps:

- Put IP-Networks in CDIR format (e.g. 192.1.2.3/24) into
  a string per document

- map function with following key-format for correct sorting:
  [IP-Version, CDIR, expanded-IP]
  e.g. [4, 24, 192.001.002.003]

client-side I converted IP addresses into bigInt... to be able to
calculate IP addresses/networks. The output was a hierarchical tree of
networks and sub-(sub-)networks.

Best regards,
	Peter.