From Aliaksandr Barysiuk <a.barys...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Couchdb and Handlebars
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 08:44:20 GMT
Robin,

Thank's for the answer. But does Couchdb support AMD modules? I only found CommonJS info (

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/CommonJS_Modules).

However using patched Handlebars with 'require('lib/handlebars')' or 'require(['lib/handlebars'],
function(module) {
...})' failed. The former with 'define is not defined' error, the latter with 'name.split
is not a function' error.

On 10/10/12 10:49, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/10/2012 17:08 , Aliaksandr Barysiuk wrote:
>> I faced with issues when i have tried to use Handlebars
>> (http://handlebarsjs.com/) in my show function. It seems it's CommonJS
>> compliant but following simple example fails...
>>
>> function(doc, req) {
>>
>>      var Handlebars = require('lib/handlebars');
>>      var source = "<div>{{user}}</div>"
>>      var template = Handlebars.compile(source);
>>      return template( { user:"John" } );
>> }
>>
>> ...with error:
>>
>> {"error":"render_error","reason":"function raised error: (new
>> TypeError(\"Handlebars.compile is not a function\", \"\", 4) ...
>
> This looks like Handlebars is not AMD friendly. It probably tries to define a global
Handlebars object, which