From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to recreate _users database?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:21:33 GMT

On Oct 15, 2012, at 13:14 , svilen <az@svilendobrev.com> wrote:

> 1.2.0 but i found it.

Cool!

> i was playing with replacing users-db via /_config/couch_httpd_auth/authentication_db
> and an error in the request has left some messy name in
> the /etc/couchdb/local.ini - and that survives even reinstall

Yeah, that is intentional, we don't want to override any customisations when you upgrade.
The installer just doesn’t copy over a new local.ini when it sees an existing one. If you
end up with a bad config value, that persists. Uninstalling / deleting local.ini prior to
the reinstall would get you restarted cleanly.

Cheers
Jan