From Elisiano Petrini <elisi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Storing and Grouping IP Addresses in Couch
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:22:14 GMT
Hi Carl,
    I don't know your use case but bear in mind that an octet could be split in more subnets.
This means that if you want to group by subnets you should be able to extract the CIDR address
of the subnet and use it as a key.

Cheers, Elisiano

On Oct 19, 2012, at 4:07 PM, Carl Bourne <carl.bourne@me.com> wrote:

> Matt,
>
> Yes I think so. I was hoping to use the group level feature to group based on the 1st,
2nd, 3rd and 4th octets with the IP address, thus providing a list of the different subnets.