From Thomas Hommers <>
Subject RE: CouchDB and Elasticsearch on same machine
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 12:50:39 GMT
Hi Luke,

thanks, that's a great idea. I will follow this advice.

How about memory and CPU? Did you had to limit couchdb? For elasticsearch's JVM i know you
can set 'max-mem' ...

From: Luke Driscoll []
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2012 8:25 PM
Subject: Re: CouchDB and Elasticsearch on same machine

We run this set up in QA with no real trouble, although we don't have very
high traffic on that box.  I would suggest you give the box a couple of
cnames, like test-couchdb and test-elasticsearch; then when you create the
indices on test-elasticsearch you point them to test-couchdb; this should
help separation in the future.

On 3 September 2012 21:39, Thomas Hommers <> wrote:

> Hi,
> for a first small "testing" deployment of our application I would like to
> run CouchDB and elasticsearch on the same machine to save some costs. After
> demand grows i plan to separate them.
> Does anybody have experience with this, any specific issues to take care
> of?
> I remember that several times i faced a problem with heavy CPU + memory
> usage of couchdb. Is there any way to limit this, so it will nicely
> co-exists with Elasticsearch? I read that elasticsearch makes trouble when
> the system starts swaping ...
> Really appreciate any thoughts and comments.
> Thanks in advance!
> Thomas

View raw message