From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: need help with jquery.couch
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:56:23 GMT
John, just guessing but are you trying to access your couchdb from a
local html file? ie opening file://somepath/index.html and trying to
access couchdb? If so, you cant do that because of cross domain
requests. You would want to move to a couchapp type tool if you want
to do simple html pages, access couchdb.

If you want to see the jquery.couch.js api, look here:
http://daleharvey.github.com/jquery.couch.js-docs/symbols/%24.couch.db.html

Also, there are a million ways to do this, but I would humbly
recommend https://github.com/garden20/baseline-garden-app . It is
pretty easy to get going with. Ping  me, or join #kanso if you need
help.

Other options include putting a proxy in-front of your couchdb that
will allow you to access it cross domain.

Ryan