From Dave Cottlehuber <...@jsonified.com>
Subject Re: Problems upgrading from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 15:26:31 GMT
On 12 September 2012 17:12, Daniel Gonzalez <gonvaled@gonvaled.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just performed an upgrade from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0. My databases are
> there, my desing documents are there.
> I can access futton, I can login. So far, everything ok!
>
> But when I access any view, futton just stalls. I have taken a look at the
> log, and I see lots of messages like this:
>
> [Wed, 12 Sep 2012 13:22:38 GMT] [error] [<0.990.0>] OS Process Error
> <0.1122.4> :: {os_process_error,
>                                                     {exit_status,1}}
>
> Accessing the "Status" page blocks futton.
> I have also tried to run the test suite (first test, "basics") without
> success. I have attached a log.

Best to friendpaste or gist these, mailing lists and mobile users get
grumpy. I think it got stripped out on the way through.

> How can I troubleshoot this? Is there any information on how to upgrade from
> 1.1.0 to 1.2.0?

Breaking Changes[1] on the wiki is best, also check NEWS/CHANGES in
the couch source[2].

> Thanks,
> Daniel

How did you "upgrade"? What OS? Ubuntu 8.04 perhaps?

Normally I would:

backup
- stop & uninstall couch
- if required, also spidermonkey, icu, nspr dependencies
- default.ini
- the erlang bits if they're not installed under the couchdb area
reinstall couchdb
- edit local.ini as needed
- check permissions
- start couch
- check with basic test suite that all goes well
- compact my DBs
- compact or regenerate my views
- check that any apps or design docs are still working
- party

I'm guessing but it's possible you stil have something borked in your
compilation "reserved slot index out of range" sounds like something
isn't right. But not sure what.

A+
Dave

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Breaking_changes