From Ido Ran <ido....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Include CouchDB in Windows Application
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 05:54:14 GMT
Hi,
I have some news about running CouchDB in Windows.
I've run the setup application setup-couchdb-1.2.0-otp-R15B.exe and install
it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\CouchDB (which is
the default installation location for 64 bit windows).

I've then start to copy directories into my home directory to see what
needed and what needed change.
I've end up with those directories:
- bin
- erts-5.9
- etc
- lib
- share
- var

I had to change bin\erl.ini to point to the couchdb directory as absolute
path.

I then try to remove unnessesary files. I was able to go into the CouchDB
directory into lib and search and delete the following directories:
- src (src, c_src, java_src)
- example
- include

This remove about 41MB.

This means I can copy all of the files I now have in my home directory
during the setup of my application, rewrite the path in erl.ini, rewrite
values in etc\couchdb\local.ini, for administator, port, url, and run
CouchDB as child process of my main application. This way I'll have control
over starting and stopping CouchDB for my application.

Have I missed something?