From Paul Davis <>
Subject Re: recovering data from an unfinished compaction db
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 16:00:41 GMT
I'd ignore the snappy error for now. There's no way this thing ran for
an hour and then suddenly hit an error in that code. If this is like a
bug I've seen before the reason that this runs out of RAM is due to
the code that's searching for a header not releasing binary ref counts
as it should be.

The quickest way to fix this would probably be to go back and update
recover-couchdb to recognize the new disk format. Although that gets
harder now that snappy compression is involved.

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:
> On 24 September 2012 15:02, Robert Newson <> wrote:
>> {badmatch,{error,snappy_nif_not_loaded} makes me wonder if this 1.2
>> installation is even right.
>> Can someone enlighten me? Is it possible to get this error spuriously?
> No. I'd be keen to see a bit of logfiles to understand what's not working.
>> Does running out of RAM cause erlang to unload NIF's?
> I don't think so on Windows.
> There's an R15B01 based build here:
> that has a fix for a more recent version of Windows server than I have
> to address one NIF loading error, although there are a number of
> possible causes.
> @Rudi can you give this a go & report back?
> A+
> Dave