From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RSS/Atom feed show/list function
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:55:47 GMT
On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2012, at 11:53 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> https://github.com/refuge/refuge.blog/blob/master/lists/rss_feed.js
>
> Two potential issues with this, from quick inspection:
>
> (1) The date is emitted from the template just using "<pubDate>{{created_at}}</pubDate>”.
It’s not clear whether the created_at field has the correct date format for RSS 2.0.

> (2) The XML is generated by calling Mustache.to_html. Does Mustache realize it’s generating
XML not HTML? Otherwise it might for instance generate HTML escapes (like "&eacute;")
that aren’t defined in raw XML.

> —Jens

well it just works for our usage:

http://refuge.io/blog

Mustache by itself doesn't escape it so i's good I guess. Date are
provided usig the iso format.

- benoît