From "R.J. Steinert" ...@rjsteinert.com>
Subject Distributed Offline Apps that never need to go online. Here's one. Any others?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 22:01:06 GMT
Hi everyone,
I'm lead developer for Open Learning Exchange and we just received an award
from USAID to run a pilot project in 20 schools in Ghana which involves the
CouchApp I've been developing (https://github.com/rjsteinert/ole-library).
 The app is called Open Learning Exchange Library App and being a CouchApp
enables the app to distribute educational materials and feedback on those
materials in an offline setting.  Schools will visit each other in a
pattern that will allow the replication process to spread CouchDB Docs like
a virus.

Are there any other examples of projects like the OLE Library App?  I'm
busy writing 4 blog posts about all of this and it would be great to have
some other examples of similar projects or simply a post talking about
Distributed Offline Apps that never need to go online.

--
RJ Steinert
http://rjsteinert.com