From Simon Metson <si...@cloudant.com>
Subject Re: does jquery.couch actually work ?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:51:52 GMT
Hi John,
I've got jquery.couch.js working in a few places, I'll try to extract a
gist on teh train home tomorrow. If you can put your code somewhere
(ideally in a live setting, like Iris or Cloudant) I'm happy to take a look
at it.

That said, jquery has moved on a lot more than jquery.couch.js, and
jquery.couch.js is starting to show it's age. All jquery.couch.js really is
is an aide-mémoire for the CouchDB API, and learning that is more useful
IMHO since it's portable across languages. Recently I've been just using
jquery calls to Couch directly without the jquery.couch.js in the middle.
It works well, and there's one less moving part. Hooking up something like
Backbone is also simple and can be done without any additional
libraries/connectors.

Cheers
Simon