From Daniel Gonzalez <gonva...@gonvaled.com>
Subject Re: Problems installing CouchDB 1.2.0 in Ubuntu 8.04 Server (HardyHeron)
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:37:37 GMT
On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:41 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

> I bet it does effect something.
>
> This was reported on mongodb lists a while back;
>
> > I've seen this happen before when the headers used to compile don't
> > match the library.
> > You should make sure there isn't a conflict between the version of
> > spidermonkey you build yourself, and your system version.
>
> If you can, build using this specific version of SM[1] and use the
> various JS-* flags in configure to force detection & usage of that.
> You're better off if you can remove any XULrunner or js-devel packages
> lurking around, but that's not always an option.
>
> [1]: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/SpiderMonkey/1.8.5
>
> A+
> Dave

Thanks Dave,

I have reinstalled spidermonkey from source, and the problems are gone.
This is how I am doing it, in case it can help  others:

install_spidermonkey_ ( ) {
    cd /tmp
    SPIDERMONKEY_VER="js185-1.0.0"
    SPIDERMONKEY_DIR="js-1.8.5"
    wget wget
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/js/${SPIDERMONKEY_VER}.tar.gz
    tar xvzf ${SPIDERMONKEY_VER}.tar.gz
    cd ${SPIDERMONKEY_DIR}/js/src
    make distclean 2> /dev/null # Just in case it is dirty
    ./configure
    make clean
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo ldconfig # Make sure the new libraries are reachable
}

And then, to build couch:

JS_LIB="/usr/local/lib/libmozjs185.so"
JS_INCLUDE="/usr/local/include/js"
./configure --with-js-lib=${JS_LIB} --with-js-include=${JS_INCLUDE}

BR,
Daniel