From Michiel de Jong <mich...@unhosted.org>
Subject Re: A new Garden
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 06:26:01 GMT
many thanks for doing this!

I really like how install lets you choose "garden market" but also "or
paste a URL", easily usable.

One question about pasting a URL though: it wasn't clear to me how i
can for instance install http://www.theinfinitemaze.com/ - should i
obtain some sort of app manifest URL from the independent app
publisher to paste in there?

Good choice i think in separating each app into its own db. That keeps
the security simple. If apps want to interact, they can just use
webintents or inter-app OAuth.

I even think the "do you trust this app?" page can be toned down, when
i saw it i assumed that all apps would be sharing one data space.
Given that this is not the case, all an app could do is DoS you,
right? I mean, i think you could skip this "are you sure?" screen
even.

I'll think about if there is a way to port our existing remoteStorage
apps to CouchApp. They all use remoteStorage.js, so if we port that,
we would port all future apps on our platform automatically to your
platform. The main difference is the separation between data of
different apps, i think.

ps, everybody else can stop trying to squat 'unwalled.garden20.com' as
a username, i already got it. :)

Again, kudos for doing this!

ciao,
Michiel