From Carl Bourne <carl.bou...@me.com>
Subject Re: Exclude documents from view based on list of regex expressions
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 16:57:12 GMT
Thanks for the advice Jens!

I'm fairly new to Couch any chance of a simple example that shows how to build this type of
map function?

Regards,

Carl

Carl Bourne | Senior Sales Engineer | mobile: +44 (0) 7770 284294 | www.venafi.com

On 18 Sep 2012, at 17:40, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2012, at 8:51 AM, Carl Bourne <carl.bourne@me.com<mailto:carl.bourne@me.com>>
wrote:

> Whats the best approach for excluding documents from a view based on a list of regex
expressions. For example I want to exclude anything where doc.issue.name contains a value
that matches a list of regex expressions.

> The map function should contain an array of regexes, and match the doc.issue.name against
each one in turn. If it matches any of them, just return, else emit whatever the appropriate
key/value are.