From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB on mobile
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2012 20:52:12 GMT

On Sep 26, 2012, at 1:42 PM, Gabriel Mancini <gabriel.mancini@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Whats is our options to work with mobiles?
>
>   TouchDB
>   Couchbase-Mobile

Depends on the platform. On iOS, definitely use TouchDB. On Android, TouchDB isn’t quite
as far along, so it’s probably still best to use Couchbase Mobile. (The good news is that
you can upgrade to TouchDB when it’s ready fairly easily; your app code talks to Ektorp
so it will hardly have to change.)

>   Build "the" couchdb to android (ic!!)

That’s exactly what Couchbase Mobile is. And “ick” is correct; it was difficult to get
working, and rather heavyweight for mobile.

The best place to discuss these is the mobile-couchbase group:
	https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/mobile-couchbase

—Jens