From Nathan Vander Wilt <nate-li...@calftrail.com>
Subject Re: API to list deleted docs, or deleted revs of a doc?
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2012 05:42:29 GMT

On Aug 31, 2012, at 3:35 PM, Jens Alfke wrote:
> I’m writing a GUI app to browse the contents of databases, mostly for debugging/troubleshooting
purposes. It currently lists all the existing documents, as Futon does, but I’d like to
be able to show all the _deleted_ documents too. But I can’t find a query in the API that
will do that. Effectively I want something like “GET /db/_all_docs?includedeleteddocstoo=true”.
Is there such a thing?

The only way I know of to gain an "entry point" into deleted documents (unless you know their
_ids?) is to filter through the whole _changes feed; this was somewhat confirmed by another
commenter on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/a/10422892/179583

hth,
-nvw