From "john.tiger" <john.tigernas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: did query change in 1.20 ? [solved - but..]
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 19:29:10 GMT
On 09/24/2012 04:33 AM, Robert Newson wrote:
> Are you sure it's not your shell that's swallowing the double quotes?
> ?key="foo" should work.
>
> B.
>
> On 24 September 2012 10:45, Simon Metson<simon@cloudant.com>  wrote:
>> That sounds wrong :) Did your doc.username contain the single quotes?  e.g the double
quotes mean a json string and the single quotes should then be inside that string. How were
you making the query? I can hit http://examples.cloudant.com/animaldb/_design/views101/_view/latin_name?key="Meles
meles" fine, for instance.

I run debian unstable from the terminal window with couchdb 1.20 from
the unstable repository - is it swallowing quotes ?  I have no idea.  re
cloudant experience - maybe that's a different couch build

the original json file that was loaded had "username":"jdoe",

as I understand, JSON should have double quotes