From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject API to list deleted docs, or deleted revs of a doc?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 22:35:44 GMT
I’m writing a GUI app to browse the contents of databases, mostly for debugging/troubleshooting
purposes. It currently lists all the existing documents, as Futon does, but I’d like to
be able to show all the _deleted_ documents too. But I can’t find a query in the API that
will do that. Effectively I want something like “GET /db/_all_docs?includedeleteddocstoo=true”.
Is there such a thing?

Similarly, my app will show the entire revision tree of a document, including the branches
if there are conflicts. It does this by using ?open_revs=all to get the rev IDs of all leaves,
and then ?rev=XX&revs_info=true on each of those revisions to get its history, and then
merging the histories together. But this doesn’t find already-deleted branches, because
they’re not returned by open_revs. Is there a way to get those too?

—Jens