From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject How does "local_seq" design doc option work?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:33:08 GMT
Could someone explain the "local_seq" design doc option? I've had a request to implement it
in TouchDB, but I don't know what it does. The only info about it I can find is the Jira issue
COUCHDB-346*, which describes adding that property to the "options" object of a design doc,
but it doesn't say what exactly it does. There's no link to a patch, either.

I've experimented by adding this option to a design doc in CouchDB 1.2, but no matter how
I query the view — like adding "?include_docs=true&update_seq=true&local_seq=true"
to the URL — I don't see sequence numbers appearing in the response.

As usual, I promise to add what I've learned to the CouchDB wiki. :)

—Jens

* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-346