From Will Heger <will.he...@gmail.com>
Subject JavaScript 1.8.5 and Upgrades
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 13:32:06 GMT
After pushing some UTC Date() containing reduce code to a server, I
discovered that the server was using 1.8.0 SpiderMonkey rather than
1.8.5, balls!

So, my impression from the docs is that CouchDB needs to be compiled
with a JavaScript engine, there is no swapping up to 1.8.5 from 1.8.0
(but please correct this if I'm wrong, I'd much rather swap the engine
than rebuild a running couchdb).

So here's my question: What is the a typical or best practice for
performing an upgrade to CouchDb?   Luckily, the server isn't a 24/7
instance, so I have some time to take it down.  But is it:

0. doubtful, but is there a way to ugrade the SpiderMonkey in situ?
1. Is there a upgrade process or 'upgrader' in couchdb somewhere?
2. If not, do I backup replicate, stop, and build, and "make install"
overtop? Or...
3. Is it option 2, but I need to eradicate the existing installation,
and if so, how does one eradicate completely couchdb (one installed
from source, IIRC)?

Apologies in advance if these are answered through Googling, but I
didn't find a succinct explanation.

And thanks in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,
-Will