From Zera Holladay <zeraholla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: html5 to couchdb without couchapp
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:46:25 GMT
John,

I understand your thoughts on couchapps, but there are some advantages
so don't dismiss them outright.  Some advantages are:

1.  Naturally manage code, specifically views, in a directory structure.
2.  Easy deployment with .couchapprc.
3.  Bootstrap data with _docs/ for testing.

The major disadvantage is that there is no document level read
restrictions with pure couchapps, which is a deal breaker for a lot of
applications.  However, this doesn't invalidate any of the advantages
noted above.

If read-level access is a problem, then node-restify or express might
make a nice proxy or api.

If you're writing a cordova app with jQuery Mobile, then you might try
ajax via mobileinit.

-zh