From Pieter van der Eems <p.van.der.e...@interactiveblueprints.nl>
Subject Re: function_clause error in HTTP request
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 10:27:46 GMT
Jens looked at this problem from the TouchDB side and concluded that
it is a bug on the CouchDB side. I would have updated the Jira issues
that look similar to our problem
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1177> but Jira is down
at the moment.

Is this list the correct place to discuss bugs or should I join the
CouchDB-Dev mailing-list?

Pieter.

2012/8/6 Pieter van der Eems <p.van.der.eems@interactiveblueprints.nl>:
> 2012/8/6 Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>:
>>
>> On Aug 3, 2012, at 10:36 AM, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I've seen errors like this before. IIRC, the underlying issue is that
>>> there's a bug in the attachment handling related to gzipped vs
>>> identity content lengths. Specifically I think it was when CouchDB
>>> receives an attachment that's gzipped it doesn't bother doing an
>>> "gunzip > /dev/null" type operation to get the identity length and
>>> then when it sends the attachment to something that doesn't understand
>>> gzip compression there's a mismatch in what lengths are expected.
>>
>> I searched for this in Jira and found COUCHDB-1177 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1177>
which has the exact same backtrace, although nothing in its description mentions attachments
or gzip.