From Mobashir Hasan <them...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Document filter and sorting
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 23:13:24 GMT

Thanks Simon, it helped me alot :)

Mobashir

> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 10:14:46 +0100
> From: simon@cloudant.com
> To: user@couchdb.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Document filter and sorting
>
> Hi,
> To do the table sort I'd use client side javascript (for example http://datatables.net
(http://datatables.net/)). Depending on the size of your dataset that might be sufficient
to do the filtering, too.

> If you have a really large dataset (e.g. one that can't entirely be sent to the client)
you can make the view keyed by city (you might want to have a key that's [Country, State,
City], since there are cities that have the same name) and then query the list function (and
corresponding view) with ?key="The City" (or key=["The country", "The state", "The city"]
if you go with a complex key).

> Hope that helps
> Simon
>

> On Tuesday, 7 August 2012 at 05:40, Mobashir Hasan wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I'm new to couchdb and have stuck badly, I have a listing page where I display the
documents that has some specific values.Now what I have to do is to filter these document
by different user inputs and sorting the documents by different columns.I have 6 columns in
my documents.Date to, Date from, Name, City, State, Country, Zip
> > when user inputs city and hit filter so it should display documents of that city
only.Similarly, when user click on column name "City" it should sort / asc / desc.