From Jim Klo <jim....@sri.com>
Subject Re: How does "local_seq" design doc option work?
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2012 17:53:47 GMT
:-)

https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/1.2.x/share/www/script/test/design_options.js

Jim Klo
Senior Software Engineer
Center for Software Engineering
SRI International
t.	@nsomnac

On Aug 9, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Jens Alfke wrote:

> Could someone explain the "local_seq" design doc option? I've had a request to implement
it in TouchDB, but I don't know what it does. The only info about it I can find is the Jira
issue COUCHDB-346*, which describes adding that property to the "options" object of a design
doc, but it doesn't say what exactly it does. There's no link to a patch, either.

> I've experimented by adding this option to a design doc in CouchDB 1.2, but no matter
how I query the view — like adding "?include_docs=true&update_seq=true&local_seq=true"
to the URL — I don't see sequence numbers appearing in the response.