From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Base64 attachment via Futon
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:02:43 GMT

On Aug 21, 2012, at 8:22 AM, Stephen Ohimor <sohimor@sapient.com> wrote:

> Context:  I'm posting a document with an attachment.  The attachment is a Base64 url-safe
encoded string.  I am posting to a local CouchDB server (R15B) via the Futon Interface.

Why use that API? My understanding is that Futon's API is considered internal, and not supported.

It's quite easy to upload attachments using a regular PUT/POST to the document URL. You can
embed the base64'd attachment in the JSON, or you can post in MIME multipart format and send
the attachment raw.

—Jens

PS: Also, I just noticed you said R15B — that's the version of *Erlang*, not of CouchDB.
To see the CouchDB version, GET /.