From Erik Timan <e...@timan.info>
Subject Test failure (make check) in etap/190-json-stream-parse.t
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 14:22:24 GMT
Hello all!

I've built CouchDB 1.2.0 on CentOS 6.2 using the RPM spec from
https://github.com/wendall911/couchdb-rpm. While it builds fine, make
check fails for me when running etap/190-json-stream-parse.t. I get
"Failed 88/99 subtests".

After diving deeper, I found that the test failed on line 87 in
190-json-stream-parse.t:

{<<"foo", 5, "bar">>, "\"foo\\u0005bar\"", "string literal with
\\u0005"},

(for context, see
https://github.com/apache/couchdb/blob/e736fa9e314034e2603ac5861692ddeab92f1dad/test/etap/190-json-stream-parse.t#L87)

If I comment that line out, all other test cases completes ok. To me it
looks like some unicode problem. Can someone shed some light upon why
this is happening and if there is a real problem here?

Some additional info:

Arch: x86_64
CouchDB version: 1.2.0
Erlang version: R15B01