From Paul Torres <ptorres...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: geocouch with polygons
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2012 06:32:20 GMT
Thank you Volker. I am interested in getting this to work.

I'll have to get back to you still later. I thought I was having
problems with geocouch (with support for polygons) in combination with
couchdb 1.2.0 but it turns out I'm having problems with couchdb 1.2.0
itself. Maybe I can get advice on this new issue from someone?

1.2.0 builds fine, make check passes all tests, the configure script
is happy, and
I removed the first installation (I used make uninstall to do some of
that as well).
I manually removed the old geocouch.ini file. After the new install I
changed the
ownership and groups to my couchdb user and group, etc. And I am not
forgetting to
use Firefox.

But some of the futon tests are failing...and then many of them fail.
To be precise, the attachments test fails right away with:
Assertion failed: xhr.responseText == lorem
Exception raised: {}

list_views fails right away with:
Assertion 'xhr.status == 200, "standard get should be 200"' failed:
standard get should be 200
Assertion failed: /head0123456789tail/.test(xhr.responseText)

rev_stemming fails right away with:
Assertion failed: db.open("bar", {revs: true})._revisions.ids.length
== newLimit + 1
Assertion failed: db.open("bar", {revs: true})._revisions.ids.length
== newLimit + 1

view_compaction fails [but succeeds on a 2nd manual try] with:
Assertion failed: resp.view_index.disk_size < disk_size_before_compact

Then if I run all the tests again, a whole lot more of them fail. In particular
all tests after users_db_security fail with the error:
Exception raised: {"error":"unauthorized","reason":"You are not a
server admin."}
The test users_db_security itself fails with: Exception raised: {}

And following any links--or clicking on reload--causes the "admin party" to
suddenly end and I'm no longer admin nor can I run any more tests. The "Verify
 your installation" works the first time (before all these failed tests) but
after the failures, it returns X: [object Object]

I'm not sure what to do. I have a nagging feeling something from the
1.1.0 install
lingers and screws up the 1.2.0 install, but I cannot find it. And if it is not
that I don't have a clue right now what is causing this error. I've never had
this much trouble building from source before and it's eaten up so much time.

-Paul