From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Problem with CouchDB
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2012 09:35:02 GMT
On 30 July 2012 08:19, Tarun Gupta <tarun.gupta@adi-mps.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Have a couch DB running and there is content inside it but whenever I try to fetch data
, I always get "zero results back". Please suggest.
> The under mentioned error comes for every request.
>

>> 17:32:07,067 INFO  [STDOUT] url :
>
>> http://localhost:5985/documents/_external/index?limit=2500&format=xml&
>
>> searchTimeout=20.0&searchTerm="10.1007%2F0-306-47095-0_20"&precision=0
>
>> .66

Hi Tarun,

We'll need more info to help you. I'm guessing this is an FTI plugin
issue, which I don't know too much about.  Sorry if you're already
familiar with CouchDB, here's the basic checklist:

1. is there a reason why this couch is running on 5985 instead of
5984, or are you actually trying to use some fulltext search provider,
e.g. lucene, elasticsearch? If so, can you share the relevant part of
your setup, including ddoc and any local.ini changes?

2. Does "normal" couchdb work here, and what version are you running?
Can you check this with curl[1] ?

3. If the above is all good, does your search work with a
significantly smaller limit value say limit=1 instead?

4. Can you be more specific[2] about "there is content inside it but
whenever I try to fetch data", i.e. *how* are you trying to retrieve
data, again preferably with curl.

A+
Dave

[1]: Preferably output of curl -vX GET <url> so we can see all headers
& response info. Check GET http://localhost:5984/documents ,then GET
http://localhost:5984/documents/_all_docs?limit=1 also works. Then
look at your FTI plugin.
[2]: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html